Sunday 5 June 2016

Studio Review: Another Space


Last Monday evening, I headed to Another Space. A brand new concept gym, with drop in classes, Another Space is the cooler younger sister of the renowned Third Space gym in Soho. Located between Leicester Square and Covent Garden, you enter to attractive gym-goers, dressed in sleek black sweats, on reception and a big white space with wooden floors. There's a small shop area retailing workout gear and a cafe with smoothies. 

I visited on launch day so was met by the Manager at the door and given a tour of the space. The concept is a simple one: three studios, three types of classes and white clean changing rooms filled with Cowshed products! The staff were attentive and somehow I don't think this will change as the gym gets busier. 













The Space

Bright, white and with amazing high ceilings, the space has been re-developed really well. Changing rooms are big and filled with Cowshed products, hairbands and deo for anything that you may have forgotten to bring with you. There's a cafe area, small shop and the space is located a couple of minutes walk from Leicester Square station, so is really accessible. The studio itself is downstairs. Everything is grey and white, with Lulu mats and blocks and blinds for shivashna. Everything is brand new and of the highest quality, including top of the range lighting and air con, that also works as heat pads for the Hot Yoga classes that are on offer. 

My only complaint is that the mats are a little too close together. Had the class been full (there were only 10 or so of us on launch day) we would have been on top of each other for some of the more dynamic poses. The concept is drop in, easy, accessible and quick but I'm hoping that things spread out just a little as they refine the space over the coming weeks. 

Booking

Quick and easy via an online portal. Classes are released a week in advance but follow the same pattern each week with tutors and offerings so you know what's coming up. You buy credits for the studio and then book into classes as you choose. I really like that the studio give you a free 'buddy' pass when you first book in so that you can take a friend to your first class - a very good marketing idea as the studio grows! 

The Tutors 

Some of my favourite teachers have signed up to teach at Another Space. Check out the schedule here. I opted for a Monday night class with Sara, a personal trainer who teaches Ashtanga, Rocket, Mandala and Yin and Buti yoga. She comes from a dance background and firmly believes in bridging the gap between fitness and yoga. There was upbeat music throughout the class and it was challenging and satisfying. 

Added Extras

As I visited in launch week, there was a complimentary smoothie ready for me straight after my class which was a great touch. The menu is all healthy, from smoothies to juices, with a range of proteins if you want them. I ordered before I headed into Yoga and it was ready with my name when I left at 8.15pm, very ready to get home and eat supper! 

The changing rooms have pretty much everything you could need from products to towels, to straighteners and water so you can pack light which is great when you're heading to classes before or after work. 

Final Thoughts

Classes are expensive at £20 each (however there is a special introductory offer of 2 classes and a buddy pass for £20 at the moment) so I'm not sure that Another Space will be somewhere that I regularly visit but I will be back. I love the neutral space, the great mats and the uniqueness of the space. Having everything in the changing rooms is great and the concept has been truly thought out by the founders. If you get a chance, definitely visit! 

Find Another Space here

I won a credit to my yoga class via a competition at The Detox Kitchen who work in partnership with Another Space so didn't pay to visit but all opinions are very much my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment