Saturday 4 June 2016

10 Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week




Oh hiiiii June. You came around quite quickly. And did you forget to bring the sunshine? I'm sure you're meant to count as summer as I sit here in long cashmere socks and a jumper...? Anyway, this week has been a good one. Its been one of those weeks that has been super busy and somewhat exhausting but the bank holiday weekend has definitely made it go quickly. Work has been satisfying, we're progressing with new house discussions and it all started with an amazing weekend at Centre Parks with my favourite girls. Its definitely been a fit (ish) week - the perfect combination of delicious food and good classes. And I definitely still fall into the category of always choosing the food option wherever there has to be a choice!! Here's the 10 things that have made me happy this week...


1. 3 days with some of my favourite people. We don't have girly weekends very often but whenever we do we all question why we don't fit them in more. Long lazy breakfasts, catch ups, lots of gin and one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Here's to a long-weekend in Ibiza next summer girlies...

2. Centre Parks. I'd never been before and we visited Elvedon Forest on the Suffolk-Norfolk border. It was so good. An amazing provision of activities, none of which were ridiculously priced and a really stunning setting. Our lodge was on the edge of the forest which meant it was quiet but we were still only a 10 minute walk from the centre - the perfect combination. We cycled, swam, kayaked, played crazy golf, ate a lot and all came home exhausted!

3. Catching up (after far too long!) with my lovely little cousin at The Alchemist near Liverpool Street. Cocktails on a Wednesday are always a good idea and it was so great to see her and catch up.

4. The best yoga class that I've done in a while at The Light Centre in Belgravia. There were only 8 of us in the room with an amazing teacher called Frankie who is also a singer-songwriter. Breathing was a big part of the class and it was a fast Vinyassa flow for 75 minutes, that left us feeling satisfied and revitalised.

5. One of my colleagues had her baby this week. I work really closely with her and was so sad when she left a couple of weeks ago to go on maternity leave. Seeing pictures of her beautiful baby girl this week has been amazing and I can't wait to meet her soon.

6. Some great meetings at work and some projects that will hopefully come into fruition over the next couple of weeks. I have 2 amazing events coming up this month that I am more than a little excited for and sending invitations and receiving responses from some of our members that I truly admire has been amazing (fyi most of them work in the food industry, surprise surprise!).

7. Sherlock. I'm late to the game I know but my gosh it's good. The boy and I have been powering through the episodes and I can't wait to watch the next series. The plot is so clever and well done that an hour and a half seems to fly by.

8. Window shopping. My offices have just moved to Cavendish Square and walking past Oxford Circus and Regent Street everyday has led to more than a little bit of window shopping... strangely mostly at the homewares. Zara Home is my absolute fave and its now within walking distance at lunchtime which I fear could be incredibly dangerous.

9. Another visit to Street Feast and a catch up with Gee and Sara on Friday night... that Lobster Mac'n'Cheese just keeps on drawing me back!

10. Saturday morning breakfast of avocado on toast with poached eggs. I'm not sure I will ever get over this one. Is there anything better for breakfast?

Here's to a weekend of good food and equally good company! What have you got planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment