Monday 2 June 2014

10 reasons I can't wait to live in London

Having returned home from uni and now attempting to sort my life out I'm getting excited to make the move to London at the end of the summer, fingers crossed! London is just one of those cities that always seems to have something new to offer so here's my list of 10 reasons why I'm looking forward to the move!

1.

The weekend exploring. Despite having spent a lot of time in London over the past few years I can't wait to be able to be there permanently and just be able to explore. It seems like every little pocket of the capital has something different to offer and its going to be amazing to be able to go discovering. Columbia Road Flower Market is one of my favourite spots on a Sunday morning and fingers crossed I won't be living too far away… just look at it!







2.

The shopping… of course. London has everything. No more driving for an hour to get to a Zara and as much time to browse Harrods, Harvey Nics and Selfridges as I want without feeling like I'm wasting time. Okay it will definitely just be browsing for the first couple of years but I can dream, right? I'm looking forward to being able to pop to boutiques, markets and browse everywhere from Oxford Street to Notting Hill whenever I fancy and without having to have a purpose to shop!


3.

The parks… The multitude of London's green spaces are perfect in the summer months - I'm thinking picnics, walks and running if I can face it! 



4.

And the hidden gems… Hampstead Ponds, tucked away pubs, local restaurants and the lesser known bars. Luckily I have friends who have been living on both sides of the river for the past couple of years so I think there may be a few places to add to the list without much looking on my part!



5.

And then there's just getting to be a tourist in the city, off peak, on the days when not everyone else is. Visiting galleries and wandering along the Southbank. Walking across the bridges and seeing the city on foot. You see everything from a different viewpoint when you live there to when you're simply passing through and that's something I'm definitely looking forward to.



6.

Getting to do things like this, whenever I fancy without having to trek into the city, or think about how to get home. Good old Shoreditch! Hot Tub cinema has been on my lists of 'must do's' for the past couple of years now and if it doesn't happen this summer it will most certainly happen next!


7. 

And getting to make a house as pretty as I want to without thinking that everything might get broken - I cannot wait to not be in a student house!! Here's to actual wine glasses, champagne flutes, pretty plates and nice cushions on the sofa! Ridiculous I know but it's amazing how nice it feels to be in a house that is actually homely after living as a student for the best part of 3 years. 











8. And of course the food! Borough Market, Burger & Lobster and the growing list of new places that I already have to try! You can get smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels at Beigel Bake on Brick Lane 24 hours a day, I'm pretty sure that is a good enough reason in itself!!














9. 

Pop up shops and events being a regular occurrence and just being able to decide on a whim to 'pop' out and try them. The restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment worlds always seem to have something new to offer. 








10.

And being back in a city which most of my friends currently have as a base. Brighton has been fab but it will be amazing to have most people in the same city - uni and home combined!


All images via my Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. This is a decent post. This post gives genuinely quality data. I’m certainly going to investigate it. Actually, quite helpful hints are given here. Much thanks. Keep up the benevolent acts.

    ReplyDelete