Friday 4 April 2014

Using… Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm


I'm getting to the stage where my skin needs a bit of love. The cheaper cleansing products that I've resorted to since being at uni and not having the luxury of mummy helping me to pay for them are fine but I can tell that as my skin begins to get older (I know 23 isn't old but being told by the woman on the Clinique counter that I should have been using an eye cream for a couple of years already does make it hit home!!) I'm going to need to give the products I'm using a bit more thought. 

So, I decided, no more baby wipes for cleansing (unless very drunk/hungover/travelling). I was recently given a couple of pots of Emma Hardie cleaning balm at a launch party and they've been sitting on my dressing table ever since. But the more that the bloggers raved about it, the more I decided that I really should give it a try! My mum has the best skin and in her 60 odd years swears she's never put water on her face - she believes that's the secret! - so I've always been a little reluctant. But I braved the fact that she's just got good genes and am crossing my fingers that the come to me as well and started using the cleaner a couple of months ago, combined with an eye make up remover, followed by a good toner and moisturiser.




The balm is described as a balanced daily cleanser that thoroughly cleanses and moisturises. It claims to calm sensitive skin and revitalise dull or mature skin. To use, you simply take a small amount on your finger, mix with a little water to create a milk and massage into your skin. It melts onto my skin amazingly and smells delicious. I use a muslin cloth, textured side followed by smooth to remove the cleanser which gently polishes and leaves my very dry winter skin feeling nourished and cleansed. 

I use the cleanser in the shower every day and have been following this routine for the last month. My skin feels obviously smoother and dry patches (winter skin is awful!) are a lot less frequent. The cleanser is on the more pricey side at £34 for 100ml but I really do think its worth it and will look to repurchase if its still working for me in the same way when I reach the end of the pot. 

Emma Hardie also suggests that it can double as a soothing and hydrating mask if left on the skin for 10 minutes which I will definitely be giving a try! Have you tried the cleansing balm? Or any of the other Emma Hardie products yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment