Saturday 29 August 2015

Peanut butter cookies



This recipe comes from Port and Finn and for me anything that uses a jar of peanut butter as the base is a definite winner. I'm technically meant to be gluten free, not that you'd know from my pasta intake, but anything without flour in is only a bonus.
The recipe below is the original but I switched up the chocolate chips for a bar of chocolate, finely chopped, which ultimately just gives slightly bigger chocolate chunks and allows you to choose better quality chocolate to cook with. I also think that these cookies were a little too sugary; big statement! Next time I bake them, which I think will be very soon with there gooey insides, I'll half the sugar that I use. These beauties got me through a crazy week of work and are so quick to whip up they are definitely worth a try!

Ingredients:  
  • 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ¼ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¾ cup chocolate chips
Instructions:  
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
    2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter and sugars until fluffy,  for about 2 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
    3. Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 13-15 minutes until cookies are lightly brown and puffy. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment