Tuesday 9 April 2013

Coco Mademoiselle

Coco Mademoiselle has always been my perfume, for as long as I can remember at least. When I was about 14 I wore something horridly sweet by Ralph Lauren, Ralph Cool perhaps? On my 16th birthday I was choosing a piece of jewellery in Selfridges and mummy and I decided to pop into the perfumery. I was looking for something sophisticated and timeless (at 16 I know!). We trawled the shop, smelling everything and a million and one coffee beans along the way! Everything either smelt cheap, of toilet cleaner or like old ladies according to my well homed palette. Except for Coco Mademoiselle. And that was where the love story started!

Introduced in 2001, the floral fragrance is light, tasteful and perfectly bridges the gap between day and night. Perfect in the winter months, better in the summer when the warmth of the skin brings out the true flavours. If you haven't sampled it yet you're missing out!

With Kiera Knightly now heading the ad campaign for the fragrance it is even more desirable. The footage is stunningly shot and Kiera looks incredible, only made better by her male co-star, wowwww! The movie, shot by Pride & Prejudice and Atonementdirector Joe Wright, starts with our heroine waking up in nothing but Coco Mademoiselle perfume, before zipping-up her beige catsuit and heading off on a vintage motorcycle for some racy driving around the streets of Paris. The campaign has been deemed to be 'suggestive, smouldering' and can now only be shown after watershed hours, in my opinion perfectly summing up the essence of the fragrance. 








No comments:

Post a Comment